Stuff / PackRat

We have w-a-y too much stuff.  I made a mental commitment this year that I would sort-through-get-rid-of some of the stuff we have.  I look around and wonder where it all came from.  After all, I dislike spending money (and clutter and dusting all the clutter/stuff).  So how did we get so much?

There's a Deseret Industries pod over at the church parking lot this week - for contributions of things like our "stuff".  So this morning I brought up a few things I've been accumulating for just such a time.

Only a few of the things to go.
Had to practically strong-arm The Husband away from the boxes.  There are treasures in there, he says. We could use them for gifts.  Is there something in there of mine?  You can't give away anything of mine.   Seriously.?.  This stuff has been in the basement in boxes for the 13 years we've lived here, and that's just this latest house we've owned.  It's so necessary (not) to our daily lives we've forgotten exactly what's there.

I try to not be a packrat.  Then I look around my sewing room.  Sigh....I kinda sorta am. Not to the extent of The Husband.  But, yes, sadly, I admit it.  Or maybe I'm a packmouse (a small packrat?).  

I've watched friends clean out their parents' homes after the parents are gone.  It isn't easy.  It takes a long time.  It's hard work.  I don't wish that on my children - even on the worst days.  I'd like to take care of a lot of it now.  While I still can.  Anyone want to help?  It might cure some budding packrat before the saving gets too out of control.

And if anyone needs packrat lessons, I know who to call. (And My Love, I'm just teasing, you know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment