Another Mother's Day

Thoughtful gift.
Heard a sweet sister this afternoon in church say that a great gift for Moms on Mother's Day would be to cancel church altogether!  Ha ha, somebody's thinking....

Another sweet friend we know had to come and show us one of her gifts.  I so loved this.  Her husband's father was a painter (in fact one of his paintings hangs (or used to anyway) in the chapel of the church building I attended growing up).  They took a picture of one of his paintings - a mother and child - and had it made into this lovely necklace - just for her.  What a treasure!  Her face just shone as she shared it with us!

Loved this card I got.
Answered a phone call I'm still puzzling over.  Someone needed a favor.  But..."I've asked a couple other people and they haven't gotten back to me yet."  Either I'm on stand-by till someone else steps up, or she's covering her bases in case no one does or (and this is for me, the true message) I really want someone else to do it but if no one can I'll settle for what you can manage, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here.  This was the only instance I can recall that I was perfectly comfortable saying, sorry, I'm not going to be able to help.  Frankly, I try to never tell anyone no. And can't recall doing so if it was at all possible to say yes.  This time, though....

Received a couple comments on the music at the funeral yesterday.  I seriously just try to bring the Spirit.  I want the family (and of course, primarily Heavenly Father) to be pleased.  How kind people are to mention that they enjoyed it.

Today I'm grateful for people who remember me and what is going on in my life, who wish me well in my endeavors, who notice me.  And for children who express love.

No comments:

Post a Comment