Relief / Gratitude for Angels

Volunteer strawberries in our yard.
My relief is evident.  I am so grateful for the angels who sat on my fingers as I played at the funeral and kept them mostly on the right keys.  I was quite keyed up over this particular funeral - as was obvious by my icy hands and my trembling body (through to my very core).  I never want to be in the spotlight, only want to be a means to lift another, to bring Heavenly Father's Spirit to the meeting, to be a conduit for thoughts directed heavenward.  (And I never ever want to disappoint Him.)

I did make a couple mistakes.  The worrisome trouble spot was conquered, the other note that would have been wrong had I played it was dismissed / rejected.  Hopefully my other mistake wasn't too evident / distracting.  I could never have done it without the multiple hours spent at the piano the last two days.  How grateful I am for our piano, and for the patience of The Husband as he learns each note with me through auditory means.

I witnessed something today that was a lesson for me.  Saw a man I have little respect for.  I know him, and about him.  Watched a leader in our church get up from his seat, walk down to this man and give him one of those three-back-slaps manly embraces.  Real affection was obvious.  I'm guessing this leader knows as much, likely more, about this man than I do.  What he demonstrated, though, was friendship.  Not judgement.  Kindness, not reproof.  Acceptance, not rejection.  After all, it isn't our place to judge, reprove or reject.  He clearly is leaving those responsibilities to a higher power.  I need to remember this little lesson in behavior.  And use it.

And now, having done as best I could, I hope it was acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment