Long Weekend

I have a natural tendency to pessimism.  Try as I might, I generally end up looking on the "dark" side of things rather than the bright side of things.  Read an article the other day regarding the downside of being negative.  Sigh...I fear they were talking about me.

So, I'll try to re-cap the last few days with a positive spin on things.

The good thing about the rain the other day (and I really do like the rain) was that The Husband couldn't mow the lawn.  So we got to go to two (yes, two) movies.  Neither was my favorite genre, but now that I've seen them, we can pick a different kind of movie next time.

Our favorite!
Tried a new Italian Ice / frozen custard place (Rita's) the other day on a neighbor's glowing recommendation. The good thing was we were with some friends. And now I know how to rate things based on the neighbor's glowing recommendation - we clearly have different taste.

The good thing about having only a couple Ace Hardware in the valley:  they are both far away.  The closest one necessitates a stop at our favorite frozen custard shop.  And it's w-a-y cheaper than Rita's.

I try to never tell anyone "no" when they ask for my help.  Subbed on the organ again yesterday.  Only made one glaring mistake.  It's always good when I don't embarrass myself too badly.

Saw a guy making good use of his sun-roof the other day.  Had a tree as his passenger with the top sticking through to the sky.  (The picture didn't turn out so well.  But, trust me, it would bring a smile.)

Love, love, love having a library near.  Have managed to go through several books lately that simply weren't worth the time to read them.  Thankfully I didn't pay cover price for them, but checked them out from the library.  I will never begrudge that part of my property taxes, it's money well spent.

One of my freshly blooming orchids was broken the other day.  This one popped into bloom just in time.  I love fresh flowers.

The good thing about having a broken window is that we know who to call to fix it.

It is a wonderful world.
And it is time for my annual picture of the beauty outside our stairwell.  I've snapped one every day for the last little while trying to catch just the right view.  No matter what angle, the house shows through, or I get a glare in the window.  The camera just does not do justice to the stunning color of our trees. We so love them.

In spite of my tendency toward the pessimistic, I try to always have a heart full of gratitude.  I'm grateful for people who reach out, who don't ignore me/us.  I'm grateful for those who are kind to my children.  I'm grateful for the freedoms we still enjoy in this country and for those who aren't afraid to stand up for what is right.

And I'm grateful for my prescription sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment