Wise Advice

Great Book!
I recently finished reading this book by Dave Ramsey and his daughter.  A great book with some great philosophies and great practical advice.  Can't think of anyone I wouldn't recommend this to.  I particularly enjoyed the chapter on Contentment.  A concept of which I'm a great fan.  Mentioned to a couple friends of mine if I could have that particular chapter in a booklet form, I'd buy them by the grundles and gift them to just about everyone I know.

Reading this book has made me aware of how many of his principles we have already managed to learn on our own and incorporate into our lives.  We don't believe in debt, we do believe in giving / tithing, we do believe in saving.  I'm grateful we managed to learn most of that early on.  I also love the perspective that everything we have is really our Heavenly Father's and we are the stewards.

I decided that much of what he addresses in this book result from an abundance of selfishness - debt, lack of giving, lack of generosity - a lot of that really is because of someone thinking pretty much only of themselves, putting their own immediate desires before everything else.  Still refining my thoughts on this one.  But definitely is something worth thinking about.

Driving home from lunch today was shocked into open-mouth astonishment.  The wind had picked up a woman's skirt (she looked to be in her late 20's)  and flung it skyward.  I so wish that people didn't treat underwear as optional.  It wasn't pretty (I'm not fond of being mooned) and I was completely embarrassed for her - and ashamed.  I don't think she actually even noticed or cared.  Makes me sad.

The Husband and I went to lunch with a friend.  We enjoy his company.  The Husband, particularly, was in the mood for the friend's own special kind of humor.  I think we both came home feeling a bit more chipper.  I'm grateful for kind people.

No comments:

Post a Comment