And It's Monday....Again

Which makes it sound like I'm whining, I'm not really.  I'm grateful to be part of the circle of life that goes on & on, round & round.  (And I couldn't think of another fitting title for the post.  These are always just my thoughts that don't fit any sort of category or pattern, my quasi journal.)

Yesterday in church we sang "The Star Spangled Banner" - a song I truly love.  And I was somewhat ashamed...I only know all the words to the first verse - and bits and pieces of the other two verses. The reason for my discomfort:  all around me were kids (of all ages), singing right along, using no books and they had all three verses memorized!  I should be ashamed.

Noticed a sister at church with an oh-so-cute skirt on.  Would have been even cuter had she remembered to remove the temporary stitching at the bottom of the kickpleat.  (That's kind of like a guy forgetting to take the tag off the sleeve of his sport jacket.) I've seen that quite a bit recently.  Maybe skirts should come with instructions.

Hollyhock among the weeds.
Woke up at oh-dawn-o'clock this morning - hit the trail and thoroughly enjoyed the fact that a half-hour earlier the trail is even less busy.  Didn't even turn on my iPod until the halfway mark - I so love watching the world wake.  Saw this lone hollyhock - so pretty all by itself among the weeds.

I rarely feel comfortable - like I "fit" anywhere.  Mostly feel like an outsider - like I don't quite belong. Generally, in my mind that equates to the despised weed among the flowers.  Decided, looking at that lovely flower in the weeds that I should think of myself more like a different kind of flower in the garden.  One that's needed for contrast, color and variety.  Adding to the loveliness of the whole.

Yes, I'll work on that.... My head pretty much agrees, my heart (and emotions) are a harder sell.

Collectively about 15 pounds.
And received a pseudo-stern look from The Husband.  He finds it contradictory that the woman (that would be me) who gets up early most mornings to walk 5 miles for fun refuses to make more than one trip to bring in the groceries no matter how many grocery bags there are. (I think the record is 5 bags; these bags are sturdy and hold a lot so they're quite heavy.) I say it's part of my overall plan to include weights in my daily exercise (but really, it's laziness).

Today I'm finding myself grateful for people who react with a smile when I run into them when out and about.  There's that kindness thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment