Another Day, Another Monday

The weekend's Supermoon at sunrise today. Still pretty.
I remember not liking July much when I was a kid.  August either.  Too hot.  Seemed (and still does) like too much sun beating mercilessly down.  Now the best thing about July is celebrating the birth of our youngest daughter.  So happy she's part of our family.

It's easy to get discouraged. To compare.  To feel invisible, unwelcome.  I know that feeling doesn't come from Heavenly Father.  But when I don't hear from someone I want to hear from, when I am excluded from events (never mind that I'm not a social person - I like to be invited anyway) when my inferior social status is obvious, when I'm judged and found wanting, when I feel like all I do is accommodate...all those and more....it's easy to feel "down".

The opening song in church yesterday provoked some thought.  "Jesus said, Be meek and lowly, for 'tis high to be a judge; If I would be pure and holy, I must love without a grudge.  It requires a constant labor all his precepts to obey.  If I truly love my neighbor, I am in the narrow way."

The difference:  when I'm discouraged, all my focus is on me.  (A view I decry when I see too much of it.)  When I'm loving another, finding the strength to forgive, obeying those higher laws:  the focus is on others.  Will I ever accomplish this?

I witnessed an act of kind thoughtfulness today toward another.  It warmed my heart.  It was a good antidote to pain.  I'm grateful for kind thoughtful people that bless our family.

(And if I'm lucky, I just might enjoy a rare sno-cone this evening.  I'm grateful for treats.)

No comments:

Post a Comment