A Couple Best Things

The best thing about Friday:  there were several best things!

• The Husband is Home.  I was able to sleep.  We were able to spend most of the day together at home - my favorite place with my favorite person!

• Ran down to Utah County to meet some friends for dinner.  I've know her for as long as I can remember - truly that long.  I don't remember ever not knowing her.  I've been so grateful for our friendship and connection.  She mentioned that she has a picture of us taken on the grounds of the Provo Temple.  So, naturally we had to re-create the picture 40+ years later.  Such a delightful evening.

We wish them well as they head to Europe for their second-tour-18month mission.  What a privilege/opportunity/adventure.  It will be fabulous for them.  And how great it was that we were able to see them one more time before they left.

• Decided last minute to do our annual (I think this is the 6th year) Draper-By-Moonlight bike ride (the one we do each summer on a full moon - sometimes it's better organized.  We've had as many as 10-12 people).  The temperature was almost perfect.  We had the trail pretty much to ourselves.  The new lights for our bikes worked great.  And even though The Husband was a bit ambivalent about whether or not to humor me on this little tradition I started, I think he was eventually glad that he went.

Especially beneficial was the fact that we knew we could sleep in this morning.  And I'm thinking we both slept exceptionally well.  (Probably enhanced by the fact that we eliminated our usual post-ride treat, just went straight to bed.)

• I ended up with over 23,000 steps on my FitBit.  And my feet are just fine.

• The day started and ended well, with peace and hugs (and air conditioning) in the middle.  I call that a successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment