Odd Thoughts Randomly Occurring On A Thursday

Was out and about this week. Pulled over to the side of the road as I spied a fire truck - lights and siren warning all of us drivers - coming toward me.  Noticed the truck's quick deceleration.  The fireman piloting the truck was peering all around, clearly searching for the address.  (Writing with my tongue firmly in cheek) I wondered if my faith in firemen was faltering.  I have always thought they always knew the addresses.  GPS has removed our ability to find things on our own.  :^)

And that was the second time in as many days that I heard of fireman not being able to find an address.

Paid for dinner with a largish denomination bill.  Was brought w-a-y too much change.  He was embarrassed about it.  I just didn't want anyone in trouble for the register coming up short $5 at the end of the night.

Have gone a whole week without FaceBook.  Haven't missed it one iota.

"Wicked" is still my very favorite play.  Just the other day was asked what my favorite movie was - or even my top couple favorite.  I totally blanked, couldn't think of even one that was a stand out.  And rarely do I enjoy seeing a movie more than once.  Wicked:  I've seen it 4 times.  Could see it another four without hesitation.  Lovelovelove it.

Stopped at IN-N-Out Burger for a highly recommended (multiple times) chocolate shake.  Was underwhelmed.  Not that it wasn't good, it had just been oversold to me.  Stopped on the way home at Papa Murphy's for a thin crust pizza.  It'll go in the oven fairly soon.  My life is pretty mundane when the day's highlight is the food.

Don't often read this cartoon in the paper.  Thought today's was more of an editorial.

 Brilliant Mind of Edison Lee Cartoon for Jul/10/2014

And today I'm grateful that it's Thursday, The Husband is on his way to the airport to begin winging his way home.  I'm grateful for just enough:  sufficient for the necessities without the driving need to acquire more. No, that isn't lack of ambition, it is awareness of all the extra I see around me.

And those odd random thoughts - I had a bunch more, but oddly, they decided to randomly depart my mind.  Must be getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment