Book

I just finished this little book - noticed in a store the other day and requested it from the library.  While I don't agree with everything in it (and when do we ever?), and it is somewhat self-congratulatory, the basic premise is solid.  Everyone, working or not, can benefit from being nice.

I really like next to last summary paragraph:  "If you take anything away from this book, we hope it's the realization that there is untapped potential in even the smallest good deed, and that it can have a multiplier effect strong enough to change the world.  Yes, a random act of kindness can help you become wealthier, healthier and wiser.  But, most of all, it will make you happier."

This was just the shot of "good" I needed this week.

Along with this tiny occurrence:  I was traversing the aisles of the grocery yesterday.  Caught a glimpse of the brown shorts/shirt of a UPS guy hurrying past the end of my aisle.  Next thing I know, he's come back to the end of the aisle just to say hi to me (someone he remembers from his deliveries).  How thoughtful and how kind. Made me want to order something.

Supplies

All done.
A couple ladies dear to me both share a birthday.  Wanting to do some small birthday remembrance for them was proving to be difficult - I didn't want (or need) to spend a lot of money and I wanted it to be something fun/unique.  That was a tall order.  Till I ended up at Joann's.  I eagerly plunked down my coupons and my cash and toted my finds home with a bit of glee.

The end result was this cute little mason jar candle holder complete with battery powered candle. Probably fairly useless in the larger scheme of things, but I was pleased.  I think they both liked it and hopefully will smile once in awhile when they catch sight of it, knowing that I'm grateful they're my friends.

Today I'm grateful for beautiful sunrises, for enough stuff for dinner and for a day when I can absolutely stay at home the entire day if I choose.  (And yep, I think I'm choosing that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment