Tuesday Catch Up

We had a fairly nice weekend - caught a movie that was actually pretty much worth seeing (even for a reluctant watcher of science fiction like myself) which was accompanied by a bucket of popcorn that tasted extra delicious since she was scant with the butter which is how I like it, not how The Husband prefers it.

A quiet Sunday felt complete with church and texts from kids we love.  Received a delightful hug and conversation from my sweet 5 year old bespectacled and pigtailed friend.  She was happy to inform me that coloring was...well...her talent! (Remembering it still makes me smile.)

Rose Of Sharon
Monday found me on the treadmill because of the welcome rain.  Being on the treadmill meant I got some serious reading done - YAY!  Then I headed out to lunch with a couple friends to celebrate a birthday.  I hope she likes the gift.  (It's a good thing we have lots of chances to find just-the-right gift, I need lots of practice!)

The Husband ended up at the dentist with a broken tooth.  Crown prep will begin in earnest.

This morning's walk provided a sighting of a youngish deer - still had the white spots on its back but I saw no sign of Mama.  That's my favorite way to start a day.  Since my morning walk this has been an ordinary day, but the kind of day I love: puttering around here, starting and completing the laundry, snatching a few minutes to read a book, getting in some stitching.  Simple, low key, low stress, calm. Rejuvenating.

Was enlightened as to the definition of an extrovert / introvert, a definition I hadn't heard before but have since found on the internet so it must be completely true.  At any rate, it makes complete sense to me.  An extrovert is one who is energized by being around other people. An introvert derives his/her energy from being alone.  (Frankly I think most of us have a bit of each in us.) I can totally see this in people I know.

Both The Husband and I are fond of the Rose Of Sharon.  They are one of the bright spots in an August garden. Walking past this one this morning, I came nearly nose to nose with a hummingbird looking for breakfast.  Freezing in place I watched for as long as it took for her decide to zip off.  Lovely way to greet the day.

And today I'm grateful for good performance reviews, for dental insurance, for a house built on fairly solid ground (they had a landslide that crushed a house in North Salt Lake today) for welcome rain in the midst of summer heat and for an awareness of the good that's around me,  thanks to Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment