Weekend

Not sure how I feel about the weekend so far.  

• Should have opened the mail in reverse order.  Instead I got the good news first  - then the bad.  I'm definitely a good news last kind of person.  I'd have rather opened the bill first and the unexpected refund check (for several hundred dollars) last.

• Headed out to run some errands.  They're always more fun, go faster and lighten my burden better when they're shared with someone I care about.

• I'm officially done with Facebook.

• Having rigorously adhered to good eating principles this entire week, we had some treats today.  Culver's frozen custard and a kouign aman made for delightful eating but managed to give me a bit of indigestion.  Guess I shouldn't indulge quite so heavily.

Made from hot peppers.
• Trying out some cream on my aching foot.  Arthritis can be more painful than I've thus far experienced.  This stuff takes up to two weeks to help.  I'm on day 5.  I think I feel a bit of relief.  I refuse to let it get me down.  (Between my foot and The Husband's mouth we've been a teensy whiny lately.)

• Pulled a steak from the freezer that The Husband grilled for our dinner.  Added a salad, fresh sliced tomato, fresh cantaloupe and we had a wonderful meal.

• Received a text from a little sweetheart of mine.

• Replenished my (completely empty) basket of library books.

• I managed to mostly sleep through the thunder and lightning at 4:30 this morning.  When it's cool and there's just a small breeze it's the best sleeping weather!

• Am supposed to accompany someone in church tomorrow.  Haven't heard a word from her.  So maybe I'll get a bye.

Tonight I'm grateful for unselfish people.  For the ability to repent of my mis-steps.  And that it's ok to have a treat once in a while, knowing that tomorrow we'll be ready to return to our better / healthier eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment