Wishes

This Monday finds me with a few wishes:

• Wish I had slept better last night.

• Wish I had managed to get a picture of the coyote we saw loping across the field.  (Fortunately he was headed away from us rather than toward, although he did stop to look at us for a minute.  Glad we weren't the only ones who saw him.)

• Wish I had a knack for cooking - grocery shopping might be more interesting that way.

Stunning morning sky!
• Wish I had a nickel for each smile I saw, I could get a snow cone!

• Wish I weren't quite so clumsy.  (Provided a couple smiles for others that way.)

• Wish my foot were pain free.

• Wish we could see some of our chilluns/ grandchilluns more often.

• Wish the the little farm stand up the hill would post prices - I think I get charged differently (for the same stuff) each time I go there.

• Wish I hadn't tried on my swim-suit this morning (in preparation for our beach trip).  Not a good way to start Monday.  I've got that "old matron plumpness"thing going on.  :^(

• Wish people would recognize that other drivers might have the right of way and to yield / be careful.

• Wish I would remember things when I need them rather than after the fact.

On the other hand:

• Since I slept so poorly last night and have walked a fair amount today, I'm likely to sleep really well tonight.

• Even though I didn't get a picture, it was so great to see the wildlife in the area.  I heard a couple meadowlarks and lots of other morning greetings from the songbirds.  And the trail wasn't very busy.

• Even though we eat very simply, and plain food, there is plenty - we never go hungry.

• I may be clumsy but that keeps me careful.

• My foot may hurt, but I've got comfy shoes and two feet that still manage to carry me around (though it would be nice if I had even a teensy speck of grace.)

• If we can't see the relatives very often, I'm grateful for video chats, for texting, for email and for those relatives who choose to use them to stay in touch.

• Fresh ready-to-eat watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, corn-on-the-cob: delightful whatever the price.

• Fortunately the beach trip is after high season, it will be less crowded, I can wear things to cover-up the fat and I'm so old nobody cares anyway.  (Thanks, My Love, for loving me anyway.)

• I'm thankful my car has great brakes - even though I had the right of way and she's an oblivious selfish (dare I be so unkind?).

• I remember those I love and I guess that's more important.

Proverb of the day:  Nice always matters.  (Now if I can only put that into practice - always.)

No comments:

Post a Comment