No Pictures Today

But I still have a few thoughts.

Saw the movie The Hundred Foot Journey the other night.  I so enjoyed it.  Our husbands were good sports about seeing something a bit less shoot-em-up and I think even ended up glad they succumbed to female pressure.  Such a refreshing change.

Then saw Hercules.  I don't do well with the kind of violence shown in that film - people mad and crazy to injure, maim and kill another in as gruesome a fashion as possible.  I don't like that display of the deep dark despicable part of a person.  (I didn't mind, however the display of great muscles.)

There was however, a good line (the only one I remembered that I liked / agreed with):  the man who wants nothing is the man who has no price.  Yep.

I'm still learning (at my advanced age) to be independent.  To not hurt so much when I'm not included in stuff.  Seems like a long process.

It appears everyone around me is a runner.  The majority of cars around sport the window stickers 26.2 or 13.1.  Somehow I always feel like it's a subtle finger-point at those who don't run, an expression of superiority, of belonging to an exclusive club.  Imagine my delight when I saw this window sticker the other day:  0.0.  A non-runner!  YAY! Reminding me once again that we don't all need to be the same and in fact it's likely best that we aren't all the same.

Churros from Morelia's are the best.  Handmade.  From scratch.  None of those uniform mass-produced ones.  These were delightful (even for white bread).  Worth the carbs.

I can feel a hint of fall in the air.  The last few nights have been in the 50's. Enough for a light blanket and good sleeping.  I so enjoy the cooler weather.  (And no, I'm not ready for Christmas, am trying to avoid thinking about it, all that stress and effort to be kind and thoughtful with little impact.  Maybe I'll skip it this year.)

Today I'm grateful for windows that open letting in the fresh night air, for people who keep their dogs from barking every second and for ibuprofen to soften the arthritis pain in my foot.  Walking is much more fun than hobbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment