Reason

One of the reasons I like Thursdays so much is because that's usually the day The Husband comes home (when he travels).  In support of that fact, he is even now on the plane heading for home.  I will sleep better tonight.

Had a delightful day yesterday just doing exactly what I wanted to do.  Loved it.

Was startled awake at 5:20 a.m. by a pretty loud crack of thunder, followed almost immediately by the lightning and then the pelting down of rain.  Really hard rain.  For about ten minutes.  After scurrying around closing the windows then of course, the rain stopped.  Figuring I'd be inside on the treadmill I finally ventured out on the front porch to assess the sky.  Fairly clear, so I braved the trail and had a wonderful walk.  By myself.  Going my pace.  Thinking, praying, finally listening to my iPod.  I love watching the day waken out on the trail.

Beautiful morning sky after the rain.
Had a phone call from someone I don't usually hear from.  It brightened my day.  And...I'm getting better at ignoring calls from numbers I don't recognize.

Was nice to be invited to a baby shower.  She's a sweetie and will be a very cute Mom.

I really like when I have things to look forward to.  Right now I have a couple, or three or four.  1) The Husband will be home soon.  2) Haircut in the morning, I always feel better after a good haircut.  I'll plan on tomorrow's being a good one.  3)  Food and a movie with some friends of ours on Saturday.  4) Some books to read, and one waiting for me to retrieve from the library 5) A trip to the beach!  YAY! (Number 5 is a bonus - and bonuses are pretty much always good!)

I'm grateful tonight for people who are kind.  For garages to keep the cars clean and safe.  For alarm systems that enable a bit of sleep when The Husband is away.  For chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment