Halfway There

To The Husband's arrival!  It's been ok so far, I've managed to keep pretty busy.

This book was left for me to read - it's a short read.  But oh, how fabulous!  Mr. Saunders was invited to give the convocation address at Syracuse University. How I wish I had heard him give this in person. His basic premise is to be kind; that there are plenty of things you can regret in life, but you will never regret being kind.  And if you pass up opportunities to be kind you will regret those lost opportunities. And the kinder you are, the more those impulses to be kind will fill you and find outlet.

This is one of those things that everyone wants to share because it has such impact.

Today I'm grateful for people who don't just walk past you in the store, but stop and get your attention so you can share some conversation.  I'm grateful for thoughtful people who find good books to share. I'm grateful for video chats on my computer.  I'm grateful for the way the air smells just after the rain.

And I'm grateful for those who are kind, who teach me by their example how I should be.  I'll continue to strive for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment