Anxious

I'm a bit anxious.  Certain things around this house are concerning me.  Here's a short list:

1.  The washing machine is making funny noises.  (The last time I had it looked at the repairman said they are really only made to last about 10 years these days.  We're going on 14 years with it, I feel like I'm living on borrowed time.)

2.  The refrigerator seems to be having difficulty maintaining the desired coldness.  (We've had to keep setting the temperature knob higher. This appliance is also going on 14 years.)

3.  We've lived without a light in the microwave for several years - now the touchpad is loose - it feels like it has separated from it's mounting. (Also nearly 14 years old.)

4.  We recently got a new router.  Our home phone line is actually a VOIP.  Now if the phone rings nothing happens when we answer - only dead air.  (The Husband will fix it I'm sure when he finds a minute or two.)
Zip (old) left, One (new) right

5. I was gifted a new FITBIT.  I've loved my Zip.  Someone thought I needed to upgrade my model.  Spent quite some time on Saturday trying to activate the new One.  With absolutely no success (although the battery on the new One did charge with no trouble).  FITBIT has no phone support, everything has to be done via email.  So an email we sent.  Thus far we've had no reply.  I'm anxious and antsy.  I have a new gadget.  I want to use it!

I am easily frustrated and irritable when things don't work the way they should.  I am also, though, unwilling to spend money on new things when the old ones are limping along.  I just have this vision in my head of all our money - that The Husband works so hard to earn - sprouting wings and just flying off into outer space, completely disappearing.

It's a tad difficult for me to find something positive about my anxiety.  I don't like feeling anxious about stuff.  I think I need to focus on being grateful that we have all these luxuries instead of my unease and worry. I am hopeful.  Hopeful the appliances will keep plugging along and that the issues with the other things can be resolved.  Hope will keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment