Monday Morning

It was a strange weekend.  We puttered, slept in, puttered, movied, ate, and just generally enjoyed being around each other knowing that we'd be apart this week.  I am so grateful for a job that he enjoys.  I'll be even more grateful come Thursday 11:00 p.m. when he returns home.

Friday morning on the way to the dentist we looked off to the west and loved the view!  About 5 or 6 hot air balloons were rising in the sky.  One looked like the basket was entangled in the top of a tree. They were close and pretty and reminded us of that anniversary trip we took and rode in a hot air balloon.  Loved it!  The Husband took this picture out the sun roof as I was driving along - pretty good for holding the phone/camera up through the roof and snapping the shot while tooling along at 40 mph (on a bumpy road).

Treated ourselves to a small kettle corn at the movie.  That popcorn was the best thing about that 2 hours.  Into The Storm shoulda stayed out of the storm.  It was barely worth the $7.75 we spent for admission (had a coupon for a matinee for $1).  Next weekend's fare promises to be much much better.

Too bad there's so much haze in the air.
Last night was supposed to be another super moon.  And while it certainly made for difficult sleeping because of its brightness it didn't seem to be as "super" as the last super moon.  Until it set this morning. As we walked we watched it sink toward the west and only then did it seem to appear larger.  Still seems like a friend hanging up in the sky, though.

And I'm going over things in my head - I think I've managed to come up with a fairly busy week.  I like to fill my time extra full when The Husband is gone, seems less lonesome that way.

This morning I'm grateful for shoes that don't hurt my feet, for a home where I feel comfortable and secure, cellphones to keep in touch and for something to look forward to.  Pretty good for a Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment