End Of A Long Weekend

We're pretty low-key- people.  Even for us this was a low-key weekend.  The Husband even got in a short nap on Saturday afternoon.  And while it was the perfect time to just take a breather from the stress of the world, we've got to work on figuring out how to have some fun.

A (maybe former?) favorite eatery.
Saturday we were off to meet the daughter-in-law's parents.  'Twas a nice evening, they're lovely people.  She was the thoughtful one that presented me with a small gift from their area of the world.  I was abashed that I hadn't followed through on my impulse to find something to gift them.  (The main reason:  I simply couldn't think of anything to get - brain dead.)

Carrabba's food was a bit of a disappointment.  My soup was barely warm.  The Husband's meal was "comped" because it was sub-par.  I hope the others' food was better than ours.  This was the first time we were less than delighted with the food there.  We'll have to give them another try.

Brought back memories.
The Husband had a hankering to re-visit his childhood memory - eating a long slice of watermelon outside, juices dripping, spitting the seeds and savoring the sweetness.  Trekked over to the farm-stand for the best watermelon we could find.  Rinsed and cut into it with great anticipation.  Imagine our crestfallen faces to find the inside barely pink - the melon was so under-ripe.  Now, I'm not one to return things, but The Husband didn't even hesitate.  Off we went to exchange it.  He even took his trusty knife to test.  This time the melon is verging on over-ripe.  But at least it's edible.

Up early this morning and walked a new route.  A new route shared with my favorite guy was even more enjoyable than usual. The trail wasn't too awfully busy, we saw a couple trains, The Husband was introduced to the muskrats and we rewarded ourselves with a doughnut and chocolate milk breakfast.  (The Husband is celebrating reaching a new milestone in his efforts to shed some pounds. Good on you, Love!  I'm gaining the ones he's losing.  :^)  Tomorrow will be back to being more careful.)

I finished a project I've been working on for over 6 months.  It was a bit of a challenge for me - the hours represent only a portion of my investment.  But it's done and I hope will be enjoyed by the recipient.

I'm grateful tonight for yummy food (ribs!) that I didn't have to cook, for weather that's a more comfortable temperature and for beautiful places to walk (they feed my soul).

No comments:

Post a Comment