Confused

Monday holidays cause confusion in my head.  I'll be asking myself every day the rest of the week which day, exactly, it is.  Keeps me on my toes.

Went Visiting Teaching this morning and we chatted a bit about the role of Jesus Christ as our comforter.  I remarked as we drove away after completing our visit how pleasant it was to visit and talk about things that elevate our thoughts.  It was a lovely way to start the day - with thoughts and words of the Savior, His Atonement for the sins and heartaches of each and every person to inhabit this world; and for our desires to be worthy of that sacrifice.  

I need those bright spots in my week to balance out the frustrations and painful thorns in my heart that seem to occur more often than I'd like.  

A rare trip to IKEA provided some entertainment this evening that wasn't awfully impacting on our wallet.  (Plus, they now have chocolate frozen yogurt. Yes, we indulged.)

This grapevine was hanging along a fence bordering the sidewalk along a street I don't normally walk.  I love that there are still signs of a small country town in our area.  (I applaud the absence of construction but regret the circumstances that required the removal of those huge old shade trees along both sides of one of the streets near us.  The sidewalk is safer, but much less charming than the old street used to be. It's not near as fun to walk there.)

Came across another quote that I like.  I'm so very grateful there are those that are wise and articulate and are generous with their thoughts.  The key word here is constant. Such a lovely concept - constant kindness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment