Thoughts Already

Even though it isn't yet noon it feels like I've got a grundle of thoughts swirling through my head looking for an outlet.

Loved my morning walk - saw some kind of raptor sitting on the fence looking for breakfast. Noticed some lovely flowers.  Also noticed the trail is a bit less busy now that school is back in session.

I've been known to leave notes around - I do that because I don't want to forget to converse about something or let someone know I'm thinking of them, or whatever.  I'm also known to say "drive safe" to pretty much anyone that leaves our house - it's a pretty regular thing for me.  I got a fun chuckle out of this note left for me this morning by our grandson.  We so love all our grandchildren - and enjoy every minute we get to spend with them.

Came across this comic strip in the newspaper.  Made me laugh out loud.  I think I'm not the only Mom out there this resonated with.  I can almost picture myself in that Mom's place.  Love it.

Was puzzled by The Husband's stepping out on the porch to make a call.  Pretty soon he's presenting me a couple sheets of paper - tickets actually - and telling me Happy Birthday.  What fun it will be to head to BYU this weekend for this concert.  We've been needing some fun.  And it isn't even my birthday quite yet!

I've had several conversations lately with different people about different situations that all seem to boil down to one concept:  choice.  I don't know anyone that likes being told what to do - not even little kids.  People are free with their opinions that are voiced in a way meant to direct another's behavior.  Reactions often continue the cycle.  Even sales pitches are barely disguised orders to purchase / do something.  It is tricky to manage to maintain our position (not be managed or manipulated) without coming across as less than pleasant.  Often, to me, it feels difficult to continue to be kind in those situations.

I hope to not provoke surprise in another when I am kind.  I'd like to perpetuate the kind of behavior that reflects well not only on me but also pleases our Heavenly Father.  It feels like a never-ending battle sometimes.

I'm grateful today for my knowledge of our Heavenly Father's plan, his desires and hopes for us.  I hope to always remember and behave accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment