Issues

This morning's walk included a conversation with a man who was anxious to tell us about his moments-earlier encounter with a coyote.  (Coyote tried to make off with his scottish terrier. Kinda big for breakfast.) We've lived here 13 years and only in the last couple years have there been coyotes around.

Love the yellow even if it is a weed.
Later on my friend remarked she wished she had the "good morning" sign I'm always talking about needing.  Met a group of trainees running on the trail - a good 30 - 40 of them.  Each one hailing us with a good morning.  Necessitating a return good morning.  I mostly ended up giggling it was so comical.  Wondered how they can be so cheerful when they're running (running would be torture for me - but that's just me.)

I finally succumbed.  I have an appointment with a podiatrist to figure out what's up with my foot.  I thought it was getting better.  Not so.  Wondering if I have another stress fracture.  Don't know (in my ignorance of most things medical) what else it could be.  But I finally reached my limit of tolerance for the constant ache.  I so dislike foot issues.  I can't even imagine life without my walks; makes me sad just thinking about it.

Today I'm grateful for dental insurance (and really, insurance of every kind.)  Our portion of The Husband's crown was just over $300.  Much, much less than if we'd had no insurance. We'll see how the insurance does with my foot issue.

Was reading this morning and came across this sentence:  Kindness therapy - you get what you give. Totally struck a chord in me:  kindness therapy.  A new behavior goal to incorporate.

There is truly something good to be grateful for every single day.  Watching for those things keeps my heart open and receptive to whatever good it can catch.  And still, there's so much room for growth.  I'm grateful for those who practice kindness therapy, for smiles, for hugs and for a world with yet undiscovered good.

No comments:

Post a Comment