Realization

What a beautiful world.
Listening to a friend speak in church yesterday, I realized (with chagrin and disappointment) that I missed an opportunity to help someone, to be selfless.

Much as I whine about the abundance of selfishness in the world, sometimes I'm the perfect example of it.

We heard a few weeks ago of an accident this neighbor had.  He said they were fine and didn't need anything, just was telling us about it.  I made a mental note to follow up with the family in a couple days.  Days went by and I forgot.  I got caught up in my own little mundane life and simply never gave them another thought.  When I could have.

As I sat in church and thought about it, my shoulders slumped and my heart trembled just a little and I wondered again how much I have disappointed Heavenly Father.  I know there will more chances to help / be unselfish in the future (maybe even today) but that doesn't help me with the one (and I'm sure there are lots of them) that I missed.

Was introduced the other day to this book.  People are so creative!  I really liked the concept - to create a wall in a public place where anyone can anonymously write down something they'd like to accomplish before they depart this world.

Reading it has caused me a great deal of thought.  I have puzzled and puzzled over what I would write.

After yesterday's mental processes, I most likely would have to write something about learning to be more selfless.  Sometimes it feels like I'll never learn.

Today I'm grateful for being able to move.  This bum foot has renewed my awareness of how grateful I am at being able to move this aging body around.  And for this stunning world we live in.  The overnight thunder/lightning/heavyrainstorm has abated for the moment and we have the most gorgeous day! How blessed we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment