Doctor's Appointment Finally

Star Wars Costume?
Let me first state:  I avoid doctors like the plague.  I want to be healthy and vibrant.  That means I have no need of a doctor.  Sometimes, though, it just can't be avoided.  Today was the day. My foot needed a professional assessment.

I was very nervous.

This was a doctor I haven't been to before.  I liked him.  He's been practicing for 15 years so I didn't feel like I was breaking in a newbie.  Diagnosis:  not visibly broken, likely tendonitis from overuse. Proactive measures indicated.

I'm so glad I was wearing boot cut jeans - appropriate for the situation as I learned.  I came out of there with a boot.  Not the boot I was half expecting (like the one I had with my stress fracture).  This one seems a bit overkill.  But I can manage for 3 weeks.  Even though it feels like it weighs a ton, throws my gait off, slows my progress and isn't even remotely cute.

Received a birthday card today from one of my favorite people.  From Germany!  How blessed we are to be able to be in touch with those we care for even when they're halfway around the earth.  And how thoughtful of her to send me a card all that long way.  It brightened my day considerably!
Germany Postmark

And today the sun is shining.  We've had so much rain one would think we're in a tropical setting rather than arid desert. It's nice to bask in the sun and not have it be 1000 degrees outside.  70 is just right.

The Husband will be home tonight.  Even though this trip was only two days I have missed him terribly.  We're both looking forward to our little vacation even though I'm in that never-want-to-leave-home-anxious state I get before any kind of a trip.  I am a confirmed (and delighted to be one) homebody.

I'm glad to be at home the rest of the day to putter and (slowly) perambulate around preparing for departure.

I'm so grateful today for good medical care, for insurance that covers both the doctor and most of the prescriptions, for a car roof that opens wide for fresh air.  And for my feet.  May they always be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment