Thursday Without It's Usual Appeal

This has been the strangest day.  We were up late last night, so up late this morning - since I'm not allowed to do my usual morning walk there's no urgency to get up early.  Although that didn't stop me from waking just before six, my normal waking time.

The Husband thought he was off work.  Had to douse a small fire at work.  Took a couple hours that he hadn't planned to spend.

Thus, he was late getting to the mowing.  Partway through the back yard I heard a loud pop, then later heard him trying unsuccessfully to start the mower.  Yep.  It's dead.

Cooper's Hawk
Were excited to see this juvenile Cooper's hawk hanging around the yard this morning.  Should have known better.  We watched it off and on for nearly an hour.  Until we saw it grab a smaller bird breakfast.  Yes, I know that's the nature of things. Am aware that's the cycle of life.  Still tough to see.

Between answering the door, delivering a small birthday remembrance to one of the favorite neighbors, and taking twice as long to vacuum as usual (this *%#* boot is cumbersome.  And I'm not endowed with grace to start with) I feel behind.  And physically tired.

Brightens our yard.
The most discouraging thing about today:  The weather forecast for the trip has been steadily deteriorating. Not a speck of sun is predicted.  :^(

I love the sunflowers.  These were the bright spot in the rain on Tuesday.  They always make me smile.

I'm so grateful for the ability to take a little trip - to get away from the routine, enjoy some relaxation and different beautiful scenery.  The ocean is a favorite place of mine.  I'm grateful for sandals.  For friends who bring me a cake-let for my birthday from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  And most of all I'm grateful for a husband who I treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment