Glasses

We've been blessed to have great vision insurance the last decade or so. It has allowed me new glasses pretty much every year - with very little out-of-pocket payment.  I have enjoyed taking full advantage of something new each year, all the while feeling like I need to enjoy this benefit while I can, it won't last for too much longer.

Last year it was Tiffany.  This year it's Gucci.  Seriously?  Yes.  I have been eyeglass branded.  To be fair, I haven't gone into it looking to buy a "brand."  (The Husband delights in teasing me about my glasses.)  I've just had some specific desires in mind when I've gone looking.

Previously I've been into frameless glasses.  Loved them. Last year I wanted something totally different.  Thus the Tiffany frames - dark tortoiseshell lined with the trademark Tiffany blue.  With a teensy bit of bling on the side.

This year I wanted something a bit lighter in color, more simple, so my sparkly earrings don't make it too - too much.  The Husband wasn't sure.  Until he saw the finished product.  He claims to like them.

The best part:  my prescription hasn't changed too awfully much so this year I'll be able to swap between the two frames depending on my mood.  What a luxury!!  (And to top it off, the frames are cheaper than the rimless ones I was getting before.)

Luxury brand for sure.
It still makes me giggle/shake my head to see the way the "brands" send out the glasses - special case, logo gift bag.  Yep, for me, the one who hasn't been into trendy brands so much, it takes some getting used to.  I so love getting something new that's practical - and not over the top.

Another thing I love:  making a simple comment that makes The Husband laugh and blush - knowing I've got him pegged.  That mulish look is unmistakable!

How grateful I am for insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment