Wednesday That Should Be a Saturday

Up early and on the trail - with The Husband!  Since I'm required to do shorter walks at a slower pace until my tendon has decided it has healed, he was up early to walk along.  We delighted in the stunning sunrise.  Best way to start the day.

Enjoyed this line (and pretty much only this line) from a book I read:  "I love to sleep.  It's like being dead without the commitment."  For those of us who like to sleep.

Visit taught a dear sister this morning.  I wish all could be welcomed the way she welcomes us. We feel like visiting royalty, no matter how long we stay and what we talk about.  Gracious, kind, sincere...I could go on and on.  What a privilege it is to be in her home.

Not a great shot, but still, they're pretty.
Headed out for the mail and snapped this shot of the geraniums.  Here we are in the middle of October and they're still going strong in spite of the fact that I quit deadheading them a month ago. (I'm a lazy ol' lady.) Those white flowers (temporary loss of memory as to their name)?  They're volunteers from last summer.

Today I'm grateful that I didn't ruin the microwave by running it on empty, that I have toast to eat (even though I burned it), that I am the recipient of hugs and that at least some people are kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment