Another Friday and I'm Ready For The Weekend

Was happy to have The Husband along on my walk again this morning.  I so love walking with my favorite person at my favorite time of day.

Love the tree and the man!
Tomorrow will be spent puttering around here, catching up on a few things and enjoying each other - we'll be apart next week.  I'm trying to plan some sort of outing for each day so I won't get quite so sad.

Fall is here!  The colors of the trees have me continually snapping pictures with my phone.  Ones I can look at when the colors have faded.  I lovelovelove these beautiful days!  It's been a delightful October.

But here we are, heading toward the end of the month and I find myself getting tense.  It's October. Then it'll be November and we'll be into the holidays.  The last two months of the year are filled with expectations - and no way can all those expectations (and hopes) be fulfilled.  Not the ones we have of ourselves or the ones others have for us.

I'm not that great at disappointment - at myself or when I've disappointed others.  I find myself mentally tiptoeing through a minefield of expectations/hopes.  I have to keep reminding myself that I have a tendency to overexplain.  Unnecessarily.  I'm better than I used to be.  Progress still to be made.

Hopefully I can make it through the next couple months with some equanimity, seize (or create) some opportunities to extend kindness to others, eliminate emotional resentment when others choose for me and put the Atonement to effect in my life.

Today I'm so grateful that there are others who take time to be with me.  Who notice me.  I'm grateful for the beautiful trees.  And for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment