I Must Fix...

my attitude about Monday.  Surely my Mondays have decided to become the kind of day their reputation describes.  I've got to get them going in a positive direction!

1.  Morning walk - yay!  I just need to get them back to their former length and in a way I can more fully enjoy them and it will be triple yay!

2.  Discover something has been left in The Husband's car.  Said car is parked at a lot near the airport for the week.  Husband is already in flight, cannot help.

3.  Took some hunting (and phone calls) first to discover the item is in The Husband's car - anxiety mounts.

4. To lunch with friends - I'm not very good company (not in a particularly pleasant mood), concerned about getting out to the airport and back before afternoon traffic nightmare, cut lunch short.

5.  On the way to the airport, answer cellphone.  Neighbor is in a bind, needs a ride to pick up her car that's been in (and out and in) the shop for repairs for 3 weeks. Turn car around and head back to the neighborhood to pick up neighbor and her 3 cute little girls.  After ascertaining her car is indeed ready (and singing several songs with the cute little girls) I leave once more for the airport.

6.  Drive to The Husband's car.  My remote key fob doesn't work.  Belatedly realize when The Husband had his car fixed my fob wasn't "re-keyed" to the car.  Doesn't work.  Break two fingernails getting the actual key out.  Insert key, door unlocks.  Open door...and the alarm goes off.  Honk,honk,honk, for l-o-n-g seemingly-endless minutes.

7.  Scrabble around in car to retrieve needed item.  (Back doors will not unlock, have to crawl through the front seats, what little dignity I might have had is shot.  Car still honking.)  Try in vain to start car with button - no spot to insert key.  Car still honking.  No luck.  Frantically try to call Husband (who is in CA) for his magic touch.  End up fumbling my phone.  Have to re-dial 3 times. Car still honking.

8.  Husband's magic wand is out of twinkle dust.  I get out of the car, push the button to lock the door and walk away.  Car still honking. (American cars do NOT have wimpy horns.)  Go back and use key to unlock, lock, unlock and lock the door again.  Finally the car stops honking.  Sigh.   It was one of those few minutes that take a day to live through.  :^)

Beautiful!
9.  Am finally safely home.  It is 4:30 p.m. and I'm heading in for my jammies (I don't care that it's still full daylight outside).  I'm ready for tomorrow.

I actually found a couple things to be grateful for today in spite of my comical frustrations.  Here we are in the middle of October and the day is absolutely stunning.  77 degrees.  Breezy (good-bye hair style).  Heavenly Father seems to be smiling down with beauty on our little corner of the world.

I'm grateful for small miracles that happen in spite of ourselves.  For the ability to say yes when someone asks.  For kind friends who are patient with me.  For promised hugs from The Husband. For kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment