Home Again!

After a teensy bit of anxiousness, The Husband is home!  Due to some complications at work he took a different flight (and airline) home.  Was delayed.  Then delayed again.  And yet again.  He finally touched down in our valley at around two this morning.  Arrived home shortly before three and we were in bed as quick as we could be.  Life feels more live-able again.

After only about 4 hours of sleep we were up and off for our regularly scheduled haircuts.  I'm doing the driving today, don't want to entice any mishaps due to sleep deprivation.

Saw the latest Hunger Games movie.  Wasn't expecting much.  It was better than the reviews led us to believe.

There were four of the deer we watched for quite some time.
I kept myself as busy as I could manage the first three days of his trip.  By yesterday I was ready to stay at home, which I did - the whole entire day.  Saw some great sunrises, and some deer.  Was required to massage some moisturizing lotion into my knees and thighs from the cold dry air that sucked all the moisture from my skin.  Watched a couple things on tv, did some sewing, read some books.  All in all it was a fine enough week, just very lonesome.

Tonight I'm thinking we'll be nodding off to sleep quite early.  Thankfully, we've no one to impress so we can do just what we like.

I'm so grateful tonight.  For the safe return of My Love.  For a week busy enough to keep me from sinking into sadness.  For someone who cares enough to check on me (love the Visiting Teaching program, especially when the sisters really have the vision of what it means).  I'm grateful for an extra day off that was freely granted.  And for holding hands in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment