Thinking Again

And when am I not?  It seems like this mind of mine never stops, it can even keep me awake at night.

Was mentioning to The Husband this morning that perhaps this blog has run its course, and then I'll think of something I need to say and here I am again.

It was a nice weekend - The Husband had Friday off, and Saturday was an extremely rare day without deadlines / schedules / commitments.  We ended up going to dinner with some friends and had an absolutely wonderful time.  There aren't a lot of people we truly consider friends - but we love this couple.

I managed to get some walking in on Saturday, Sunday and even this morning.  I so treasure my time on the trail.  This morning was an especially lovely sunrise, the trails mostly empty so it was delightful.

This has been one of those days.  I'm sure I'm the only one that has them - :^) - the ones I just feel all out of kilter, tear up at the slightest impulse, annoy everyone around me.  I'm not doing well with the advent of the holiday season - I'm feeling much more pressure than usual and not liking how I'm feeling about it all.  Thankfully I've already run into 2 extra-kind people (if I count The Husband that would be 3 but I'm on the verge of irritating him) who have buoyed my spirits.

I read this quote the other day.  The man quoted is a soldier (Capt. Derek Herrera) who was injured and is now paralyzed from the waist down.  He said:  "Every day is a choice to live, love, inspire, honor the fallen, make the world a better place and walk in the footsteps of giants." His courageous and unselfish words struck a chord with me.

Was touched by our Primary President's comment.  She said - and with sincere conviction - that she believes the very most important calling (if you had to categorize that way) in our Church is the music in the Primary.  How blessed we are by her stance.  At this very moment I'm grateful to be part of the Primary music.

I had to include this picture of the trail from last week.  I spent the week scuffing my shoes through the crunchy leaves, I love that.  It was good I did it when I could - those crunchy leaves are now a sodden mess with all the snow and rain we had over the weekend.

Today I'm grateful for patience others have for me.  For people who actually listen.  For sympathetic souls.  For kindness that is extended my direction.  If I try, I just might manage to incorporate those qualities in my actions - they surely are needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment