It's Tuesday

7:30 a.m. 6 degrees outside.
And I've got just a few random thoughts rattling amongst the brain cobwebs.

• Walked this morning.  Only saw one other person on the trail (yesterday I also saw only one other person crazy enough to be out in the snow and cold) - I love the peace of the early morning.  There was so much snow that it was really light out even though it was early.

7:45 a.m. 6 Degrees out on my much loved trail.
   My dentist is so very kind.  Called his office expecting to set up an appointment for next week to see what's up with that silly tooth.  Come in at noon they said.  (Only an hour and a half away.)  I fear they skipped lunch to help me out.  Am so grateful for his kind care and expertise. Next week will find him fixing (hopefully completely) my tooth issue.

• Headed to the grocery.  Another woman was tracing the same route as I was through the store - and at pretty much the same pace.  Noticed she was talking to herself as much as I was talking to myself - perhaps even more.  I'm glad I'm not nuts all by myself.

• At the grocery I was struggling to reach something from the very top shelf that had been pushed back a bit.  A kind soul offered to reach it for me.  She was tall enough it was an easy grasp for her.  Made me grateful for those who are aware of others and reach out (literally) to help.

• Saw "Into The Woods" tonight.  Saw the play on Broadway over 25 years ago with the incomparable Bernadette Peters.  I think that was the very first time I saw a play on Broadway.  I had wondered how this movie adaptation would be.  Thought it was great, well done.  I liked it very much.

• Yesterday we treated ourselves to the latest "Hobbit" movie.  It could have been about half as long and been better for the trimming.  I'm not sorry to see the end of this series, it hasn't been my favorite.

• I took this last picture on the way home from the grocery this afternoon.  14 degrees out and the air is so clear it practically crackles.  Had to pull the car to the side of the road and snap this shot of the moon over the mountain.

• LL Bean remains one of my favorite shopping spots.  Expected our item to arrive next Monday, just ordered it Thursday. It came today.  They have amazing service!

Today I'm grateful for those who live with awareness, for cheerful acts of service that might seem small but really enlarge my heart, for good dental care (and insurance), for welcoming hugs, for warm coats, hats and gloves, and for hot chocolate.  I'm thinking there might be the germ of an idea of a New Year's Resolution in that list somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment