Final Day of 2014

The Husband has some days off work between Christmas and the first of January.  He augments them with a couple vacation days so he can have plenty of time to catch up on, well, whatever, and just take things as they come.  That's his favorite - he's anti-schedule.  (Not really, just prefers to not have every moment scripted, likes to be spontaneous.)

We had stuff going on Monday and Tuesday so I vowed today would be a day free of commitments and requirements.  Hopefully he's done pretty much what he's been in the mood for.  (He tried to nap - a pure luxury for him, but some small plane was buzzing the skies overhead so that was it for his zzzz-time.)

I think he liked the carrot!
I headed out for a walk this morning.  It was 0.2 degrees out.  Yep, frigid.  Remembered to snag some carrots on my way out.  There's a lady down the street and around a corner who has some horses and a zebra.  By the time I got to those critters, the carrots were frozen solid from being in my outer pocket.  The horses didn't care.  Serendipitously enough, I had grabbed just enough for them each to have one.  Even the zebra.  They snarfed them up quick as you can breathe.

The Husband spent a few moments working on our furnace.  It was struggling (as we all seem to do in 0 degree weather).  Handy guy that he is, he unplugged the thingamadoojiggit and now we have warm air flooding from the vents.  Yay, I like warmth in the winter.

And I've pretty much puttered the day away; read a bit, did a couple games on my iPad, fixed lunch, watered the violets, and tried to warm up.  (I'll be glad when I can get the dental work done next week and my mouth won't ache, it puts me on edge.) We'll have a quiet night tonight - I dislike being on the roads with those who drink and drive.  Our days of throwing New Year's Eve parties are behind us.

So the year just sort of...ends.  And that's ok.  Every day is a chance to begin anew to do better.  I don't have to wait for a new year.  And perhaps that might be a resolution for the 2015 - to strive each day to do at least a teensy bit better in my effort to be a follower of Christ.  (I also want to be a better listener.) I can at least give it my best shot.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment