Thursday Thoughts

There's not a lot going on right now.  Really?! Thanks to The Husband for his help, most of the Christmas stress is done.  Still have to get for a grandson (and maybe a small additional thing for a granddaughter).  The neighborhood goodies will come from a local eatery and will wait for the last minute.  Most of the stuff is wrapped and ready.  I'm grateful that it all came together.

With a lessening of seasonal obligations I felt fine about taking a nice long walk this morning.  5 miles takes a while when you're not running - which I don't do unless it's an emergency.  I so loved being out there.  Even the 3 dogs that normally bark hysterically at the sight of me were quiet - making my time even more pleasant.  With the storm that's pounding CA and heading our way we've got some wind and clouds and the sunrise was spectacular!  (The picture to the left was taken just about ten minutes after the other one.  That isn't a reflection off on the right side of the picture, it's the way the sun was shining between the clouds and the mountains. I loved it!) Then, the best of all, The Husband walked out and met me for my last little bit heading home.  What a lovely way to start the day.

We received this Christmas cactus as a gift.  I was completely uninformed about them.  Didn't know there was such as thing as a tropical cactus.  We don't really have quite the perfect spot for this in our house but we will enjoy it as long as we can. I'm quite intrigued by those blossoms - they're so unusual.

Tomorrow will find us at the holiday concert of the symphony.  I dread the day when we grow tired of getting season tickets to the symphony and theater.  It does get a little routine after a while, but I love having something like that to look forward to each month.

I'm grateful today for peace in our home.  For laughter.  And for prayer - ones uttered and also those clearly answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment