Time Certainly Flies

The Husband has long maintained that the older you get the faster time flies.  And up to this point I think it's true.  (Can't speak to what happens when we're really old, but for now, time is still going by very quickly!)  I can hardly believe it's Tuesday already.

Since being aware of my impending panic over Christmas The Husband put his shoulder to the wheel and worked hard.  He helped me brainstorm, choose and shop for gifts.  He not only brought in our boxed tree, but helped to decorate it.  He is always a help, but I've traditionally done Christmas pretty much on my own - due to his heavy work schedule.  What a treat it's been to have him help me.  (I've even begun the wrapping and can feel my shoulders liking the lightened load.)

I've tried to focus more on The Savior this year.  We're spending less on gifts - after all, they're only meant to be a token of love and affection, not a flood of material goods that might not really be necessary. And I'm amazed at the reduction in stress I feel as I try to place my thoughts in Bethlehem in a stable with a manger for the sweet babe fresh from our Heavenly Father.  Perspective helps.

Decided to take advantage of our December spring and do some yard clean up.  I usually leave it until the spring, but so dislike the soggy, moldy leaves (and the surprises that lurk beneath them).  It was lovely to be out in the 50 degree sunshine, working enough to only need my sweatshirt.  This is probably the last outing for my gloves - I've used them clean through this year.

We love english daisies; we plant them fairly often with mixed success.  We don't have the right place or weather to make them happy.  But I just love their sweet little circles of color among the green.  Was prompted to smile when I discovered this lone bloom under the leaves.  I left it there (along with a few weeds, much to The Husband's chagrin) in case it wants to be happy just a bit longer.  I know this unusual weather can't last and I want to enjoy every single day.

Am feeling disappointed in myself.  Had a little chat while I was out working with our across-the-street neighbor.  Came to the realization after we'd all gone our separate ways that today is her birthday and I didn't even wish her a happy one.  Sigh...

Today I'm grateful for help from others.  For the colors of the sky in the sunrise.  For a day I can stay at home all day if I like.  For a washer and dryer to ease my chores. And for socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment