The Last Three Days

Have been kind of a mixed bag.  Mostly fairly good things going on, with the exception of some really heartbreaking news we received last night.

Sunrise.
Our friend (and tax guru) was taken to the hospital on Saturday night.  Surgery performed yesterday with dismal results/news.  He has a cancer tumor in his brain.  Radiation and chemo will begin next week but that is only expected to buy him a little time.  I visit teach his wife.

Whatever otherwise good feeling we had over the weekend has been totally eclipsed by this dreadfulness. Especially knowing the sad times still to come from this.

I was feeling pretty good about a little unexpected tender mercy we received.  We took the Charger in for its inspections and service.  Also for re-programming of my key fob.  (The one that caused me such distress when I had to retrieve something from the car several months ago - when I set off the alarm.) Apparently there was a bad chip in the fob - absolutely no communication with the car from it.  Had to replace the fob.  Normal cost:  $200-$225 for the fob with an additional $25 programming fee.  Our bottom line:  free.  They called it a "good will" replacement and charged us nothing.  I was so grateful.  We were already in the hundreds of dollars for the service.  It was huge to me that they just routinely spread their good will our way.

But all that good will pales in comparison to our friends' plight.  It is such numbing news.

We enjoyed our time out with our friends seeing a bad movie and having a good dinner.  I particularly enjoyed the reception I got from my sweet little friend when I entered Primary.  I got hugs and chatter and her full attention.  My soul was delighted.

This pretty campanula seems to be ok with where it lives in our house.  No blooms have been lost and its color is still lovely even after having moved from the store to our home.  It has such a sweet scent, I love it.

This morning's walk came complete with mild temperatures (still concerned about our environment come summer) abundant wind and a beautiful sunrise.  The bonus:  The Husband walked over to meet me on the return leg of my trip.  Fabulous!

Found this penny, picked it up, shared with a friend we met along the way and wished her much luck through the day.

Today I'm grateful for relationships.  For the chance to help (in some very small way) my sister-friend as she travels this difficult road. For a loving Heavenly Father who has things well in hand.  For prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment