Tuesday's Tiny Treasures

Not a lot going on today, but I have come across a few things that my heart likes.

• Remembered the other day I stopped by a friend's house (was giving her one of my baby orchids) and she came to the door with a dish towel over her shoulder.  One of a set I embroidered and gave her for her birthday a year ago.  What warmth in my heart to find she's actually using them - I loved it!

• Went visiting teaching this morning - we have a new sister - and thoroughly enjoyed our visit.  She was warm and welcoming, we discussed gospel principles and left after a quick hug.  Delightful!

• The Husband received a call.  Was there, by chance, a pair of sunglasses in the back of our car from our get-together the other night?  Sure enough.  I well know that feeling when something important goes missing. How great to help facilitate the finding of something lost.  (Although it was really The Husband who did the actual finding.)

• Gave another orchid baby to my visiting teaching partner.  She seemed quite pleased.  Especially when I mentioned that it is now hers to do with as she pleases.  (I think she was concerned about killing it and how I'd feel-which I reassured her was a complete non-issue.)  I hope she enjoys it for as little or much as she wants.

• I've been working on the songs for the R. S. "do" that is upcoming.  Slowly I'm learning them. I'll have them conquered and ready to go.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to learn something new.

• Stopped at the grocery and just stood and let my eyes (and soul) be filled with the beauty of the flowers of this earth.  This was only a small portion of the wall of color that so captivated me.

Today I'm grateful for a good night's sleep.  For knowing that if I'm missing my morning walk it is for a good thing. For colors! For abundance.  And for repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment