Thursday Odds and Ends

He'll look so cute!
• Headed out this morning for a baby gift.  The baby things are 50% off and I have a coupon for an additional 30% off.  I wasn't the only one amongst the baby aisles with a smile on my face.  Even better - I found a couple things for myself and The Husband.  Every single thing I bought was on sale - then my additional 30% off coupon.  I'm not fond of shopping - or of spending money - but I'm ridiculously pleased with today's finds.

• I have a "thing".  Actually several "things" but one that is at the forefront right now.  I must send out "incompetent" vibes or something resembling incompetence. The thing is: people like to boss me around.  Over the course of my life I've recognized it as one of my earthly challenges and one I somewhat rebel against. It's like people seem to think I just sprang into being seconds before they met me and I must be educated.

I've been directed, disciplined (unnecessarily so), taught, told and instructed.  Even as recently as yesterday.  Even at 60+ years.  How I ever managed to get to this advanced age without others' intervention is beyond me. Can I just say:  I don't like it.
Wearing out.  :^(

• Which reminds me of this sentence I read (and like):  "I look at expectations as agreements between two people that only one person knows about."   -- Chantelle Fairburn.  Perhaps I should re-think my expectations.

• Some years ago I was gifted this little backpack as a souvenir from their Hawaii trip.  It's been a frequent companion of mine - across town and across the country, I've shouldered it often.  I discovered that I'm wearing it out.  The straps are fraying and soon will part.  I will be sad when this perfect size / perfect material gift is no longer useable.

• Received a text from someone expressing gladness in their heart. And gratitude.  What a delightful lift to my heart.

And today I'm feeling grateful for those who are patient with me - and kind even when I'm prickly.   For warm hands that give me heavenly foot rubs.  For expressions of glad hearts.  For emails and texts from both daughters that lift my spirits.  For those who forgive.  And especially today:  for sunshine in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment