Finally The Finale

It's been a crazy couple of days - and mostly crazy because of my emotions.

Our Ten Virgins play went off last night - with a few hitches.  But it was fine.  I sat at the piano mentally berating myself for my mistakes in playing (in spite of the 50+ hours practicing on the piano).  Finally decided that it didn't matter.  The overall message was being conveyed and that was the important thing.  (And considering we had only our ward members, little money, and only 8 weeks to pull this together, it was actually a good accomplishment.)

I had family there to mentally cheer me on.  How grateful I was for their presence.  The other pianist (who has only lived here for 4 months) had no one, not even her husband (I hope he isn't sick again).  I felt sad for her.  I need to cultivate more empathy and kindness.

At the end of the evening, the participants were presented this little box with a lamp tucked inside. Our Relief Society president made them all.  It is a lovely remembrance.

I shared a teary moment last night with my sweet visiting teacher / friend. Earlier in the day when I was feeling quite low she texted me.  With expressions of encouragement and love regarding the evening's performance. When I mentioned how much I needed it, she related how she'd been doing housework and got the strong, repeated impression to text me.  Not later, but now. What a treasure she is.

I received this cute little bird plant stake - also as an expression of concern and support.  It will be a constant visual that someone cares.

We missed a drop-by visit from our Utah county kids.  It would have been great to see them.  They left a thank-you note for a Christmas gift.  We're so pleased they're enjoying the gift, it's even better that they took the time to say thank you.

Today I'm grateful for more than a few things.  Mostly that I think Heavenly Father was accepting of the play and that none of us disappointed Him.  (I never ever want to disappoint Him, although I know at times I do.) I'm grateful for sweet friends who heed the call to reach out to others.  For family members who made it a priority to be there for me.  For the gift of music and my small ability there to contribute.  For the beautiful spring.  And for a good night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment