Sunday, Monday and Now It's Tuesday

Sunday was spent at church, playing those piano keys for a couple extra things, and chatting with a couple people. Sort of a quietly involved day.  Which is fine.

Yesterday I managed a walk, fed carrots to the horse on the corner.  He's becoming quite familiar with me, when he sees me he trots over to the fence hoping for a treat.  I cleaned some, grocery shopped some, visited some and cross-stitched some.  All in all another fine day.

The Husband has come down with a dizzy head.  Much like I had a week ago.  He's taking a (very rare) sick day.  At least so far.  It's nice to have him just kicking around, though I know he wouldn't be happy doing that on a daily basis.  I'm hoping he'll get in a nice long nap -he does love his nap. And I so dislike when he's ailing.  It doesn't happen often, but I get a little clutch at my heart - hoping it's nothing serious.

Broken stem = sad.
Watered my orchids this morning.  Whined a little to myself when I accidentally broke off this bloom stem.  I'm not much of a green thumb (my Dad could - and did - grow pretty much anything.  I think everything responded to that gentle part of him) but somehow have managed to find a spot in my house where some plants are happy.  One of the things I love about the orchids is that once they bloom (and pretty regularly once a year) the flowers stay delightfully on the stems for several months. I so love flowers in the house. Now, due to my natural clumsiness I've denied myself that beauty.  Sigh.

There's lots I could do today.  Lots I should do today.  And perhaps lots I will do today.  But I won't be straying far from The Husband's side.  What a luxury to spend a few hours together without many demands (except for the free sandwich we'll get from Corner Bakery for dinner).

I'm so grateful for good health.  I'm ever aware of that magnificent blessing.  For the rain that replenishes life.  And for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment