Shopping

I try to not spend money, dislike doing so.  But every once in a while I have to go against my nature and actually go and buy stuff.  Sometimes it means a trip to Target, or the mall (which I avoid).  Today it was Wal Mart.  It feels like I should call my trips to Wal Mart adventures rather than errands - it often includes something strange.

Today found me covering the store from one end to the other and back again in my quest for one specific thing.  I hope I didn't annoy other people the way I found myself being annoyed.  (Reminder to self:  we are all just stumbling along, doing our best.  I have to believe that.)

Arriving home I discovered at the bottom of the bag containing my apples some lady's insurance card.  No wonder she was anxiously pacing back and forth asking for help and being frustrated.  I'd be upset if I'd lost something that important, too.  It'll be in the mail to the insurance company tomorrow, hopefully finding its way back to her quickly.

No need to cross the road.
This morning's walk was delightfully peaceful, though I had to come back for earmuffs and gloves (around here we affectionately call them earmupps and glubs - remnants of our children's toddler years) to protect my tender appendages from the cold.  I absolutely had to stop and take a picture of this chicken - it was in a spot I've never seen it before.  I looked over and there she was, calmly surveying her kingdom; I even imagined she actually posed for her picture.

Today I'm grateful for choices. Sometimes I make the wrong ones, but every so often I choose correctly. I'm grateful for furnaces that don't mind that the weather can't decide what to do (that's the definition of spring in Utah) and continue to keep us comfy.  I'm grateful for garbage men that - just this once - gave us a two-fer.  He emptied our cans on the way up the street, then again back down the other side after we'd refilled and wheeled them across the way. One of those teensy little blessings that help enhance life.

No comments:

Post a Comment