I'm Loving This Spring

Though I remain concerned about our water situation.  I hope we'll have enough.

Friday was a bit of a laid-back day.  We went over to the accountants to sign the taxes and received a bit of good news.  We only had to pay the state a small amount (it seems everyone always has to pay to our lovely state) and are getting some back from the fed.  I went in braced for a huge dollar amount we'd have to pay, since we've had to pay the last several years. So the news was unexpectedly good. (Try as we might we just can't quite make it to zero-sum.) Maybe we'll use it toward a little vacation?

In a bit of pseudo-celebration I was treated to a chocolate shake I've been craving from Leatherby's.  I can almost taste it still.  It was simply perfect! (And I felt like we were having a "playing-hooky-middle-of-the-day-micro-date" which only enhanced the experience!)

Started off the day this morning with an hour long phone conversation with our out-of-town daughter. Delightful.  Then brunch at The Egg and I with friends, followed by a movie.  We're in for the day, now and I'm looking forward to the LDS General Women's meeting tonight.  It has become one of my favorite meetings.

Pretty green for March!
Was invited to play a song or two for our upcoming Stake Conference.  Of course I said yes, even though my mind was saying "wait just a darn minute!"  After the intensity of the 8 weeks previous to the Ten Virgins I thought I'd get a bit of a time out.  It's apparently not in me to say no to anyone.

The Husband just couldn't wait to get outside this morning.  He was anxious to mow the lawn.  I think this is the earliest in the year he's ever mowed.  And what do you know?!  There was green grass under the tips.  Looks good, doesn't it?  Particularly since we haven't watered yet.  I love how he takes such good care of us.

I feel so grateful today for a comfortable home.  For the wherewithal to maintain it.  For the sunshine that brightens our spirits.  For chats with those I love, and for those I love that reach out to me. For friends to share some food, fun and laughter with.  For pineapple/vanilla ice cream treats, good books to read, and hope.  Heavenly Father is good to His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment