Spring


I can't help but notice the budding of spring when I'm out and about.  It's a bit weird, things seem to be about 4 - 6 weeks ahead of schedule.  And because of a couple nights of below freezing some plants seem to have lost some of their blooms / progress. These are a couple of the more densely blossomed trees - most of them are sparse. Still, though, my eyes are delighting in the beauty of the spring.

Last fall The Husband took a deep breath and dove into the dividing of the peonies.  They're a fairly finicky plant, and it took years to get blooms from the ones I planted.  We knew it was risky.  Our fears have been put to rest as we witness the shoots of peonies that are coming up.  I am looking forward to seeing their pretty pinkness - wonder if they'll be blooming early, too?
Yay!  Peonies!

Today I'm grateful for the songs of the birds that serenade me when I walk in the morning.  They sound so happy to greet another day.  I should take a lesson from them.  I'm grateful for texts from grandchildren.  And for hugs on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment