Abhor

Monday holidays always mess with my head.  I'm never quite sure what day it is.

I felt super-efficient after my walk this morning.  I walked over to return some books at the library and up the hill to the grocery for that one item I forgot yesterday.  Three things accomplished all before 7:30 a.m.!

Isn't abhor an interesting word?  I like it.

Not even cute.
The Husband abhors snails.  He's been seen out in the rain gleefully gathering dozens of snails in his pail for disposal.  He'll go out of his way to smash one, or lob one in the street for annihilation by car tires.  We didn't have any snails for the first ten or so years we lived here.  Apparently word got around that our yard was open territory.  Now we can't seem to get rid of them.

We've been grateful for the recent rains, but not the resulting explosion of snails.

And I abhor dressing room mirrors.  Spent a few minutes-that-felt-like-hours trying on swim suits for the summer.  Abandoned the cubicle in a state of mental distress, devastation.  Do I really look that bad? And need I say that I didn't buy any beach apparel?  It's no wonder I prefer winter - the winter clothes are much more becoming to my cellulite riddled middle, my sagging arm flaps and the rest of the body parts that are less than desirable.  Thank heavens for those who view me through love's eyes.

It's been a stunning day.  Huge puffy white clouds taking turns in the sky with the charcoal color thunder-filled ones.  The ever changing view is nothing less than mesmerizing.  I even pulled over in the park to try to catch a picture of the mountain peaks peeking through the clouds.  Wasn't awfully successful, should have stopped earlier but there were too many electrical wires in the way (not to mention too many cars).

Today's gratitude is for jeans with stretch.  For comfy socks. For loved ones birthdays. And for hope that accompanies prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment