Tuesday Without Pictures

I tried, really tried, to get a picture of the cotton still left on our tree out back, but it was too windy. The picture was just a blur.  We're still amazed that the tree has held on to so much cotton, it seems like it's been drifting down for a long time.

Received a call this morning from the lawn guys.  "So sorry about your mailbox, and of course we'll pay for the parts."  This is our first year using this particular mowing service.  So far, they've been great.  I expected a fight over the mailbox.  How delightful to find they're happy to accept the responsibility.  Makes me glad I didn't succumb to the impulse to kick and scream and swear.  (I really didn't have that impulse this time - the operative words being this time.  Maybe I'm finally maturing?)

Ran into a friend at the grocery - we had a moment in the middle of the dairy.  She's another recently widowed friend.  It just tears at my heart.  And kind of scares me a bit.

I must have been wearing my "friendly" aura. After complimenting my ring the young woman bagger proceeded to unleash her tongue with her recent life's story.  And she wasn't stingy with her words.  I never know quite how to respond.  People's excess words tend to dry up any of my thoughts that might lead to further conversation.  And mostly I just feel a bit perplexed as to what precipitated the situation.  Makes me wonder if people are just really starved for personal interaction, conversation or attention.  I always wonder later if I was kind.  I hope so.

I really love how it feels when I've transferred the foodstuff from the bags to the cupboards and fridge.  It's comforting to know there's plenty for us for a while.

Caught a few minutes of a tv show I've never really seen, I just get the last few minutes of it before the news comes on.  The host had invited a young man/guest who apparently the whole world knows - except me. He's so young his voice hasn't changed yet.  But I enjoyed what he had to say (in his distinctly southern accent):  that if you're negative you're standing still, mired in misery.  If you're positive you're always moving forward.  Then you can help not only yourself, but likely someone else as well. He chooses to be positive.

And today I'm grateful for a washing machine that decided to work after all. (I'm not quite ready to plunk down all that cash for a new one.) For someone willing to re-grout our shower.  For a walk in the sunrise that nourished my soul.  And for hope.  Each new day brings hope.

1 comment: