Thursday / Friday

The relatives came!  Our recent-college-graduate granddaughter stopped for the night last night.  She and her sister (another granddaughter) have been wending their way across the country back home. It's a long drive - four days with only a few short sight-seeing detours.  How delightful it was to see them and share some conversation, food, laughter and hugs.  Hopefully in an hour or so we'll hear that they arrived home safely.

Took them - as seems to be a new tradition - to Astroburger last night.  Accompanied by our daughter and grandson.  The grandson went off for some fry sauce - came back with several small cups of fry sauce wearing ketchup smiley faces.  Made us all laugh.  I'm glad there are some creative members of our family!

Headed out this morning for our regular haircuts.  And I came home different!  I've been thinking of a bit of a change.  And spur of the moment did it.  Left the top the same length.  Went shorter around the ears and back of my head.  My ears are cold.

We've had more rain (The Husband collected several dozen snails for disposing) and more is predicted throughout the week.  I am so grateful for this moisture, it is so very welcome.

And I'm presently working on an attitude adjustment.  I'm too feisty sometimes - really dislike being told what to do.  And am continually amazed at adults who think it's perfectly acceptable to do just that to other adults.  Has happened to me more than once this week, despite a minimal amount of interaction with others.  I'm trying to look at this from a kinder perspective.  Having a little difficulty.  Will continue the effort.

Our tri-color beeches are so beautiful!  I was wondering this year how they'd do.  The topmost tree has just grown steadily more vibrant. Framed in the window as it is, it just grabs the eye in wonder. We've planted lots of trees over our marriage, in several yards. The ones we have in our current yard are some of my favorites - the beeches, the hawthorne, the norway spruce, the blue atlas cedar - I love them all.  I took this shot the other day - it's even more vivid and prettier now!

I'm grateful for accomplishing a bit of birthday shopping (June is our busiest month with multiple birthdays), for the sun that smiles down on us between rain squalls.  I'm grateful for friends that stop by for a visit.  For chocolate croissants (a favorite) and for those who never fail to support me.  What a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment