Another Week

The weekend seemed to go fast, especially for how much fun we had.  We should have had more.

The rain gutters have been cleaned as well as possible - The Husband spent considerable effort on making them fully functional.  He takes good care of us.  The usual weekend chores were completed.

The fun:  to dinner (still have $ left on the gift card) with friends; to a movie with great music (though it would have benefitted from the removal of the offensive innuendo that was completely unnecessary even for the target audience).

Today found me on the trail bright and early, crossing paths with a few deer and loving the clouds nestled amongst the mountains on the far side of the valley.

Had an awkward moment when I ran into a recently widowed friend.  Wished I knew what to say other than "we were sorry to hear about ____".  She didn't want to chat or really even make eye contact.  Makes my heart hurt.

Was treated to an impromptu lunch out with The Husband.  Tried a sandwich shop we haven't tried before and really enjoyed the food.  The running-amok children:  not so much.  Was glad I snagged my rainjacket on the way out - it saved my hairdo.

Loved this little sign I saw.  My errands took me to a store I rarely enter; a fun store (it surprises me that I say that since I so dislike shopping.  There's actually a store I like!)

And tomorrow morning The Husband is off to CA to the office again. Only 3 days this time.  It will feel like an age.  I have plans for Tuesday, lunch with a friend on Wednesday and plans for Thursday. By the time I get through all that he'll be home.  Yay!

Today I'm grateful for those with an understanding heart.  I try, but often fail to embrace that quality. Also for thoughtfulness.  And inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment