Friday & Flowers

It's been a couple normal days - except that I really don't know what is normal.

Probably a weed, still pretty.
I've been for my walks at my favorite-est time of the day.  We've had sunshine and warmth and now rain and cool.  We've gotten the tire put back on the Charger and had the inspections partially completed on the Kia.  (It needed a bit of work and a new MAF (mass air filter - a sensor that signals the car's computer to help calculate fuel delivery and spark timing) sensor, and then a complete emissions inspection in order to renew the license.)

It somehow seems like the week has flown by.  Since I can't even remember Wednesday at all, that must mean that things were just fine.

Columbine & Foxglove
Heavenly Scented Honeysuckle
I love the flowers that are popping out all over.  Their bright happy blooms make me smile.  The Husband loves going outside by our honeysuckle bush - it's one of his favorite scents and seems happy enough in its spot to bloom most of the summer. We can even smell it in the house when the breeze is just right.  (And notice all the cotton from the cottonwood trees in the top picture - it's still coming down.)

I've been invited to play for a baptism tomorrow morning.  I'll enjoy it. I'll always remember how the piano has been my steadfast life-long friend.

I'm grateful for noticing the small blessings that come our way.  For senior discount at the movies (it's a rare movie worth full price).  For new recipes to try. For being able to laugh at the eggs that ended up broken all over the floor (it's nice to know I'm not the only klutz!).  For gelato.  For loved one's birthdays to celebrate.  For a knowledge of our true purpose.  For contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment