Working Out

I know that things often, if not usually, work out.  Often, if not usually, while things are working out, I'm a bit anxious.

Was anxious this morning about heading to the dentist.  My teeth are a big issue with me.  But, yay! no cavities!  At some point, I'll likely have to address the issue of that molar (and it will be pretty much my choice what to do) but not today.  My teeth feel happier knowing that at this moment they're just fine.

They said it's all fixed and ready to go!
The phone call came that the wheel/tire is ready.  Already?  Off we went at noon to retrieve it (with a quick stop on the way back at All Truck & Car for an additional thanks for the amazing treatment we received yesterday).  The wheel looks great.  As soon as The Husband gets a minute or two it'll go back on the car.

Was driving over to the grocery and did a double take:  three smallish moving vans were barely rolling down the street looking for an address.  The last one had something hanging from the panel just behind the cab door.  The second look confirmed my suspicion:  it was a brassiere. Pink. Large. Flapping like a flag.  I surely would like to know the rest of that story.

Ran into a friend at the grocery.  I always feel so inadequate around her.  There I was in a nice blouse, grey pants, comfy shoes and crossbody bag for hands-free shopping.  These days I'm more about comfort than fashion (I haven't had the funds (nor the desire to spend any money) for the trendy fashions others wear).  And there she was:  totally put together in "an outfit". Coordinating blouse, capris, sandals and jewelry, expensive purse.  She was kind enough to stop and say hi, even though it would have been easy for her to just walk past, I hadn't seen her.

(Reminds me of the gal the other day who said I looked stylish.  Makes me laugh - she's close to my age but dresses completely different.  Her idea of style is nowhere near mine.  Can't decide if I like it or not when she says I look stylish - which has happened exactly twice in 14 years.)

I need to work on that sense I've had since I was a child that somehow I'm "less" than others.  It causes mental discouragement to think that I'm not as good because of .....there are any number of reasons that could be listed.  I dislike feeling that way.  That stuff doesn't matter.  My head knows that.  My heart-the-seat-of-my-emotions struggles with that concept.

I'm grateful today for the way things have worked out so far this week.  For the apparent fix of the wheel/tire at a small fraction of the $545 quoted by the dealer.  For a quick lunch out with my bestest friend.  For cavity free teeth and a dentist who treats me with great kindness (knowing as he does my dentophobia).  For a free M&M filled cookie to munch on while I grocery shopped.  And for hope that we'll be ok no matter what life/the world throws at us.  Things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment