Moody

I thought being moody was for teens.  Not ancients (like me).  Been moody today.  The Husband has patiently tried to outwait the mood.  I had to get a shot of this particular stance of his.  Thumbs hooked in back pockets with the fore-fingers resting on his hips, toe tapping, concentrated focus on the task at hand:  absolutely quintessentially Him.  I'd recognize it anywhere!

Steve finished up the repair yesterday on the garage wall.  With fresh bundles of insulation over-stuffed into the cavity we're hoping the freezing pipes in the powder room are a thing of the past.  We are grateful for his help.  I am, however, glad it is finished.  It's weird to have someone unrelated in your house all the time, I think it put me on edge.

My moodiness stems from an upcoming thing.  Am unsettled by even the thought of it.  And praying it will go well.

I didn't intend to take a picture of a couple ginormous weeds.  Just wanted to capture the pretty different shades of green on this tree.  I love how the new growth announces itself with a lighter shade.  This tree was large and beautiful, hard to get a picture of something so large with my phone.

Went visiting teaching today.  Twice.  (Our three sisters require three separate trips each month; sometimes it gets complicated.) I love this month's message:  the divine attributes of Jesus Christ focusing on virtue.  The whole message had individual concepts that reached out to my heart.  (Which makes my mood all the more puzzling.) I particularly loved these words by D. Todd Christofferson:

“Sisters, of all your associations, it is your relationship with God, your Heavenly Father, who is the source of your moral power, that you must always put first in your life. Remember that Jesus’s power came through His single-minded devotion to the will of the Father. … Strive to be that kind of disciple of the Father and the Son, and your influence will never fade.”

And because of my emotions today, I'm extra grateful for not only repentance but also forgiveness. Which I hope will be extended to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment